Thursday, April 29, 2010

Haagen-Dazs Banana Split

I love choices but I hate making decisions. I can never decide between so many great options. When I was pregnant, the night before I found out I was having a boy, the name "Caden" popped in my head and I just knew that was my baby's name. I was already pretty sure I was having a boy, and although I allowed myself a list of girls names just for fun, it's a good thing I didn't have a girl because she would have been named Sophia Loretta Katherine Grace Elizabeth Madeliene. As it was I didn't decide on Caden's middle name until a couple days after he was born.


Could he be anything but Caden?


Caden playing with the annoying elephant pull toy, January 2009

But give me ice cream and I will pick vanilla ever time. I love Vanilla ice cream. It is so good. It's the best taste in the world, and easily my favorite food. Especially really expensive Vanilla Ice Cream, like Haagen Daaz. I really like their new "5" which just has five natural ingredients. To me, it is especially perfect after it sits out and melts halfway.


So I love it, but I don't always buy ice cream when I go to the grocery store. It's a treat. But since I recently gave up my favorite breakfast and snack treat, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, I allowed myself a trip down the frozen aisle this week. And Haagen-Dazs was on sale, which I have never seen before except the little individual mini-pints (I know, right? I thought pints WERE individual portions too.) So for $2.88 I thought I would stock up. I brought home 2 Vanilla Bean Five, Strawberry (my second Fave) and chocolate for my dad. I always thought Haagen-Dazs was very classy and exclusive with their limited, no frills selection, but besides several low fat and serbert options, there were also several gooey desert themed flavors available as well. I guess they have to compete with Ben & Jerry's which I don't eat because as far as I know they don't make Vanilla and if they did it would probably have vanilla-flavored pretzels or candy in it. But to keep my dad away from my vanilla and strawberry I decided to tempt him with Creme Brule and Banana Split.


It's a week later and all that's left is the Banana Split. Or was, I should say. I ate almost the whole pint. I HATE bananas. I don't eat Banana anything. I got this so I wouldn't eat it. But it was actually pretty good. I mean, it is Haagen Dazs. It's banana and whipped cream flavored ice creams, with swirls of fudge and bits of cherries and strawberries. I like cherries a lot. It has a nice blend of flavors, and nothing overpowers the taste. The fudge is like a little dollop of soft gooey fudge, not a crunch frozen swirl that makes everything taste like chocolate, which I'm not a big fan of. I don't really taste whipped cream: it just taste like ice cream. And the best part is I can't taste any banana.



No comments:

Post a Comment